Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A dream comes in the night



During the night that came before last night, as I slept, I had a dream that I saw a pond move itself to an entirely new area for it to be. The water, in one strong stream, quickly drained itself within a groove in the earth, until it all gathered up again to reform its shape in an area away from where it once was.

Still within the dream, I wondered what it could be that was happening before me. I stood there and watched it, but was still unsure if it was real, and if it was, what would the purpose of it be.

A moment later, I noticed some of the life that lived within the waters, following the line in the grass, slowly making their way toward the ponds new location.



-The painting above is, "The Land Baby", by John Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment