Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Comic Book Nostalgia





I have been feeling really nostalgic lately. I long for places I've been, times I've shared, things I've owned, read, heard, touched...

Last night I spent a very long time here on my computer determined to find the name of a certain comic I once looked through and read so very long ago.

You see, it was one of those things, where my boyfriend at the time collected these comics and although it was something that somehow annoyed me, I always ended up looking through them and enjoying it.

One series that I quickly grew to love was, Joe Matt's, PEEPSHOW. Even though the main character was a guy who spends much of his time overthinking and masturbating, it was very funny and entertaining and I felt I could relate with his ongoing relationship issues and daily routines.

Anyway, there ended up being many that were fun for me to discover, look through and read. I remember the fascinatingly disturbing, EIGHTBALL, which was drawn and written by Dan Clowes. And I also loved all the classic, Robert Crumb stuff and Harvey Pekar's, AMERICAN SPLENDOR.

Worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment